Go Home

About Me

Click to view my flickr

Back to Top

This is


This page is best viewed in Firefox. users online

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Having Three jobs and a wife

"But I thought you wanted to become an Ustaz..." replied Sobri through our usual internet chat.

I kept my fingers to myself, thinking about how I should reply to him. He seemed frustrated after I clarified that I wanted to teach younger generations about Islam as a part-time job. The last time he offered me the job, I agreed to becoming an Ustaz, but maybe he misunderstood me about taking it as a part-time job. I don't want to waste 3 years studying architecture, and later waste the knowledge and not pay up the debts I owe to PTPTN.

"I was actually thinking about becoming an Ustaz as a part-time job" I replied.
"When the end of times are really close, teaching Islam as a part-time wouldn't be enough," he replied before I kept silent again. He then typed, "well, I can't force you, but if you can't become an Ustaz, then maybe you can financially back me up in teaching Islam.
"Well, doing so wouldn't be much of a problem to me," I replied.
"Alhamdulillah," he replied.

After a while, he went offline after I answered his peace greeting. Things aren't working out as I planned. I was later told that you wouldn't have free time to do part-time jobs like teaching Taekwon-do everyweek while you work under an architectural firm. I would be working day and night for the architecture firm. Did I make a mistake in taking architecture as my career? I really wish I could do two jobs or three at once. at least teach Islam maybe once a week and or teach TKD at least once a week too. But as Sobri said, when the end of times are nearing, teaching part-time wouldn't be enough. There would be a lot of teenagers who want to learn how to perform prayers properly. They aren't to be blamed, the ones to be blamed are the older ones. You can clearly see the adults making mistakes in jum'ah prayers.

Working day and night under an architecture firm while teaching TKD and being an Ustaz too? Would there be time for me to take care of my future family?! Would there?!?! All these thoughts, they lessen my enthusiast in searching for a future spouse. Especially when you hardly find a muslim girl who would at least wear the proper Hijab. Nowadays, most of the muslim sisters I know have a boyfriend. It saddens me. Don't they know that Allah s.w.t ordered us to stay away from fitnah? Why do they choose to have fun disobeying?!?!? O Allah, I am stuck. I need Your help so much. Help me decide what to do for my future. Help me find a future spouse who fears you, loves you, obeys what you have ordered us to do. It is You I worship, and it is You I ask for help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home