Go Home

About Me

Click to view my flickr

Back to Top

This is


This page is best viewed in Firefox. users online

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Weird dream...

I opened up the thick green book which had the title "Imam Ghazali" printed clearly on the front hard back cover. I randomely chose a page and found one which talked about the goodness in making Zikir.

There were several qoutes from the Qur'an. One of them was as follows:-

When you have finished As-Salât (the prayer - congregational), remember Allâh standing, sitting down, and lying down on your sides, but when you are free from danger, perform As-Salât (Iqâmat­as­ Salât). Verily, the prayer is enjoined on the believers at fixed hours. (4:103)

I realized then that I haven't been doing enough Zikirs. I closed the book due to my eye-lids feeling heavy. I was feeling too tired. When is Syukur going to arrive at my apartment, I thought to myself, its already Asr time, and its not good to sleep at this hour. Shafiq was, as usual, sleeping at the lower bed of the double decker.

I couldn't resist my tiredness. So I walked to another room, and layed my body on two mattress. My eyes were shutting, so I slept on my right as I made zikir, "laillla haillallahu wahdahu lasharikala, lahulmulquwalahul hamduyuhyi wayumitu wahuwa 'ala qulisha in qadir. I repeated the Zikir several times before I fell asleep.

I dreamt of an Ustaz reading Surah Al Kahfi in a prayer place. I hid somewhere behind an object and followed his recitations. He then approached me and gave me some advice. I suddenly woke up, feeling a bit numb on my right arm. It was getting dark which meant that it was already time for Maghrib prayers. But I was shocked when I found a scrolled 10 ringgit note in my clenched right hand.

Shafiq entered the room buttoning up his clothes. I asked whether it was him who gave me the 10 ringgit note in my hand, but he didn't know about it. Syukur then called up my cellphone, and told me to wait outside as he was going to reach my apartment.

"It could have been another friend who asked you to buy some food for him before he left the apartment," said Syukur convincingly. We were on our way to the kid's place for teaching TKD. I had all my clothes and books packed in my big bag that I had brought with me and I was wearing my TKD outfit for the night. What Syukur said could have been right. Or maybe the same thing was happening as it used to a few years back with my other brothers.

"Your friend could have thought you heard him while you talked in your sleep," he said. I thought about it, and I chuckled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home